1. MNT VA2000 Drivers
Hi, this is the MNT VA2000 driver download page. (More info about VA2000)
2. Firmware Update
- New Firmware V1.9.0b2 (2018-07-20): Download the all-in-one package: va2000-firmware-1.9.0beta2.zip
- Important: For successful flashing, the card needs to be outside of an Amiga and the PWR jumper on the card set, so that the card can be powered by USB. Connect VA2000 via a MiniUSB cable to your Windows or Linux machine. A green LED will light up when connected to USB with PWR enabled.
- To flash a new firmware to the card, you can run the script flash.sh or flash.bat (on Windows).
- V1.9.0 Release Notes
- A reworked memory controller and blitter brings roughly 4x more scrolling speed and a 30% overall speedup.
- A new 15 bit colormode brings HiColor support to ShapeShifter.
- Two additional firmware options are included: one reduces Zorro 2 address space size of VA2000 to 2MB, the other switches the main pixel clock to 100MHz to allow for a 1280x1024 video mode.
VA2000CX Setup Tool
This tool allows you to 1. tweak the timing of the pixel clock of the chipset video capture process and 2. change some aspects of the screen mode that VA2000 outputs when the native Amiga chipset is active.
Download: Included in latest Driver Package.
Useful Presets to put in your S:Startup-Sequence: va2000cx-presets.txt
All Options (Surviving Reboot):
va2000cx 220 — A number in the range -255 and 255 sets the clock shift amount. Use this to combat flickering pixel artifacts.
va2000cx mode 640 512 apply — Set the target screenmode to 640x512 and apply it immediately. "apply" is optional.
va2000cx hsize 320 — Low Res horizontal scan width.
va2000cx vsize 297 — Low Res vertical scan height.
va2000cx hoffset 64 — Horizontal scan offset.
va2000cx voffset 40 — Vertical scan offset.
If something does not work as expected, don't worry. Check the following support threads for information or write me an email:
5. Beta, Old Firmware & Driver Archive
- Beta Drivers for V1.8.5 (2018-05-14): va2000-drivers-1.8.5.lha
- Beta Firmware V1.8.5 (2018-05-14) va2000-firmware-1.8.5.zip
- Drivers for V1.8.3 (2018-10-26): va2000-drivers-1.8.3.lha
- Firmware V1.8.3 (2018-10-26) va2000-firmware-1.8.3.zip
- Drivers for V1.7.2 (2017-09-26): va2000-drivers-1.7.2.lha
- Firmware V1.7.2 (2017-09-26) va2000-firmware-1.7.2.zip
- Drivers for V1.7.1 (2017-08-28): va2000-drivers-1.7.1.lha
- Firmware V1.7.1 (2017-08-28) va2000-firmware-1.7.1.zip
- Drivers for V1.7 (2017-08-18): va2000-drivers-1.7.lha
- Firmware V1.7 (2017-08-18) va2000-firmware-1.7.zip
- Drivers for V1.6.2 (2017-07-25): va2000-drivers-1.6.2.lha
- Firmware V1.6.2 (2017-07-25) va2000-firmware-1.6.2.zip
- Drivers for V1.5 (2017-05-06): va2000-drivers-1.5.0.lha
- Firmware V1.5 va2000-firmware-1.5beta.zip
- Drivers for V1.4 (2017-03-04): va2000-drivers-1.4.0.lha
- Firmware V1.4 va2000-firmware-1.4.zip
- Drivers for V1.3 (2017-01-15): va2000-drivers-1.3.0.lha
- Firmware V1.3 va2000-firmware-1.3.zip
- Drivers for V1.2 and older: va2000-drivers-1.0.1.lha
- Firmware V1.2 va2000-xc3sprog-1.2.zip
- Firmware V1.0 va2000-xc3sprog-1.0.zip
- V1.8.3 Release Notes
- This release brings major changes. Due to a new linear video memory model, many demos, games and applications that don't honor BytesPerRow are now compatible (Examples: ZDoom, Shapeshifter EVD). This also prevents a bug in P96 that caused "pixel junk" in DirOpus 4 and frayed edges of MUI baloons. Thanks to thorfdbg for help tracking this down.
- VA2000CX: Introduces automatic de-interlacer ("flicker fixer") for High Res Laced and Low Res Laced, enhancing compatibility with many games and applications that use the native Amiga chipset.
- rtgpatch is now obsolete! Please revert Libs:Picasso96/rtg.library to the original.
- V1.7.2 Release Notes
- This release improves stability and compatibility. The FPGA code timing, DTACK signal timing/gating, Z3 states and register accesses have been improved. Fixes missing pixel of copy blit / scroll operations. Fixes corruption when switching between VA2000CX and RTG modes.
- Introduces rtgpatch, a tool that disables a JSR to an unknown function in rtg.library V40.3945 at offset 0x31326. This fixes "pixel junk" being drawn into new Screens opened by some Applications like DirOpus 4. Run this tool once after installation of drivers.
- V1.7(.1) Release Notes
- Introduces optional SD Card boot block. If SD Card is detected at RESET, firmware loads block 0 (512 bytes) into VA2000 memory during Amiga Autoconfig Diag Time and jumps to it if the first instruction is a jump (0x4efa). This allows, for example, loading and initializing mntsd.device from SD Card and booting from it. Experimental feature. Look in the "autoboot" directory of va2000-drivers-1.7.lha for instructions.
- Unifies Z2 and Z3 register reads and fixes Z3 register read timing.
- V1.7.1 Fixes flickering glitches that appeared with 32-bit screens combined with blitter usage.
- V1.7.1 Drivers: va2000cx tool update fixes a bug that would apply voffset immediately.
- V1.6(.2) Release Notes
- V1.6.2: Fixes Zorro card detection bug in V1.6, improves timing.
- Fixes cold-boot problems (yellow screen or unrecognized card on first boot) by speeding up firmware loading.
- Fixes boot to PAL/NTSC workbench with VA2000CX (black screen).
- Introduces multiple tunable parameters for va2000cx tool to use full PAL resolution and some overscan in classic games.
- Improves SD card driver/logic (still beta!).
- V1.5 Beta Release Notes
- Fixes /OVR signal bug that caused incompatibility with GVP boards (SCSI errors) and probably interference with other cards. Big thanks to A1K members Rotzloeffel and PeterLustig for borrowing GVP hardware and to Christer Sigfrids for testing.
- Changes memory layout: Registers at board base address, memory at board base address + 0x10000.
- Introduces control register DCM7_PSINCDEC (0x4a) for VA2000CX timing adjustment.
- V1.4 Release Notes
- Introduces hardware acceleration (rectangle filling and copying).
- Introduces support for Amiga ECS video slot expansion card VA2000CX ("native video passthrough").
- Fixes occassional lockups when switching display clocks.
- No more blue startup screen. Clears memory on startup. Better cold boot behaviour.
- Fixes 16 bit to 24 bit color mapping formula (thanks Benutzer@a1k).
- Improves speed of palette LUT updates (thanks Matze@a1k).
- General driver code cleanup/refactoring.
6. Contact, Legal
© 2017-2020 MNT Research GmbH / Fehlerstr. 8 / 12161 Berlin.
Geschäftsführer und inhaltlich verantwortlich: Lukas F. Hartmann. (email@example.com)
Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Aktenzeichen: HRB 136605 B. WEEE: DE 33315564